CSI Ingenieros was hired to carry out a project on comprehensive physical and social improvement of La Paloma Squatter Area, located in the western periphery of the city of Montevideo.This contract was part of the Neighborhood Improvement Program (PMB) with purpose of designing a Comprehensive Physical and Social Improvement of the La Paloma Precarious Region, in the western outskirts of the city of Montevideo. The project included, besides the families in the formal precarious area, 6 irregular settlements with approximately 1680 people living in 480 households.
- Pre-investment studies.
- Urban-territorial studies of the squatter area.
- Survey and comprehensive physical and social diagnosis of the current situation.
- Census in irregular settlements.
- Social-Neighborhood development project.
- Urban planning: Project of internal communication roads and division of settlements to be regularized. Urban-territorial study, location of public spaces and facilities of the deteriorated area.
- Relocation: Project of 81 homes for the families to be relocated.
- Detailed Engineering for:
• Sanitation: Internal network project with connection to all plots and wastewater disposal project. Complete sanitary network in the squatter area.
• Drinking water: Project for improving and expanding the current drinking water supply network.
• Stromwater drainage: Design of curbs and drains in road networks.
• Roads design: Road network project; roads with vehicle access and pedestrian streets in irregular settlements and roads proposed for the squatter area.
• Electrical network and public lighting: Low voltage network project and improvement and expansion of the public lighting network.
- Forestation: Tree planting in roads with vehicle access and in public spaces.
- Neighborhood and public spaces equipment: Recreational and sports space with courts, cultural civil center, CAIF center (Uruguayan center for children s care), multiprupose cultural sports space with gymnasium and 10 public squares and small squares.
- Permitting before public authorities (approvals and authorizations)