CSI Ingenieros was hired to supervise the design and construction of a new multipurpose berth, named Dock C (Muelle C, in Spanish). In addition, CSI was also in charge of the construction of an esplanade of 3.5 hectares, together with installations and other related works needed for the appropriate operation of Dock C.
The new Dock C is 330 m long and has capacity to operate overseas vessels at a maximum level of -14.00 m PRH (ex Wharton).
- Follow-up, monitoring, revision, and legal, technical, environmental and financial control of the works and resulting products, reporting said information to the construction management in charge of the National Port Administration (ANP, for its acronym in Spanish).
- Follow-up of the detailed engineering in charge of the contractor. Followup, control and supervision of tasks and provisional works in charge of the contractor, such as redesign and construction of the site office, access roads, drinking water lines, power lines.
- Follow-up, control, supervision and advice on the construction management during all the phases and activities of the works, highlighting the supervision of the dock dredge works and maneuvering board.
- Follow-up in the development of the plans of the finished work in charge of the contractor.
- Comprehensive inspection of control and verification of the status of all the works and facilities built. Advice on the measures and works that the contractor must suggest in order to repair any defects that may appear in the work. Follow-up and control of those defects.