CSI Ingenieros was hired to carry out the detailed engineering for a new drinking water treatment plant for the city of Durazno, including hydraulic, architectural and road components. The treatment capacity of the plant would be of 900 m3/h.
The plant shall have the following processes:
- Typical water purification processes: coagulation, flocculation, high rate sedimentation, and filtration through a double bed of sand and anthracite.
- Filtration through granular activated carbon bed.
- Treatment of the sludge generated in the process through thickening and dehydration.
- Hydraulic design
- Process Engineering
- Architectural design of the processing units
- Architectural design of rooms dedicated to the preparation and dosage of chemicals and chlorination
- Raw and treated water discharge piping design
- Roads design