TSE, an Angolan consulting company, hired SUL-CSI to develop the "Hydraulic Detail Engineering for the rehabilitation of Water Purifying Plants that supply the cities of Kuito and Huambo, Angola." TSE, hired by the National Directorate of Water, conducted the designed work.
In the case of the Kuito plant, which has a 330 m3/h capacity, the work involves realizing the hydraulic design for the following items:
- Conducting filtered water to the filtered water tank.
- Pumping water to the new treated water tank located at a high point in the city, which includes assessing the hydraulic transient for the discharge line and designing the disinfection system.
- Substituting the filter medium for the filtration system.
In the case of the Huambo plant, which has a 1.360 m3/h total capacity in two parallel plants, the work involves realizing the hydraulic design for the following items:
- Sludge treatment system.
- Designing an additional tank in the existing distribution center.
- Designing the disinfection system for two distribution centers.
- Substituting the filter medium for both existing filtration systems.
The project was executed in 3 stages:
- Analysis: Assessing the existing situation.
- Preliminary design
- Detailed engineering, for a 6-months term.