CSI Ingenieros was hired by UAM in order to carry out all the tasks related to the site supervision and quality control of the detailed engineering and of the construction of Parque Agroalimentario de Montevideo, located in a premise of 95 hectares, nearby La Tablada, in Route 5, Montevideo, Uruguay.
The works carried out in Phase 1 included stands for the wholesale fruit and vegetable market, for a multipurpose market, and a logistics stand. In addition, the buildings for an administrative center and for a related and complementary activities center were built as well.
CSI carried out the following tasks:
- Revision of the detailed engineering of each area (architecture, structure, soils movements, drainage, sanitation, fire protection systems, thermal insulation, electrical installation and low currents) before the construction works
- Site supervision and quality control
- Follow-up and financial monitoring of the works
- Coordination of construction contracts
- Preparation of monthly reports to the client on the activities
- Advise the client on technical and administrative areas of the construction contract