CSI Ingenieros was hired to carry out the detailed engineering, and the construction and site management of the civil works of the new industrial plant of Nestlé del Uruguay S. A. The client has selected a land in Parque Zona Este located in Route 101, km 24,200 and Camino de los Portugueses in the department of Canelones. The new plant includes the following areas: raw material storages, process areas, maintenance, laboratory, offices for the administrative personnel of the plant and common areas such as changing rooms, dining room, nursing room, among others. The place also includes an access control for vehicles and people.
- Preparation of tender specifications and call for bids, proposals analysis and recommendation reports for procurement and contract awarding.
- Detailed design of the architecture, structure, infrastructure (pavement, drainages) and fire:
▪ Design of a steel structure with a sheet roof without overlaps, precast concrete walls of 18 cm thick up to 2.20 m high and the rest of pre-painted trapezoidal sheet with thermal insulation for the production building.
▪ Design of sandwich panel walls with rock wool core with a secondary support structure for the toaster room.
▪ Design of concrete mezzanine, sandwich panel walls with rock wool core with a secondary support structure for the mixer room.
▪ Design of steel structure that is part of the general portal frame and steel-deck mezzanine with 8 cm thick PIR sandwich panel walls for the building of the personnel’s offices and common areas.
▪ Design in PIR panels and cement boards for the access control of vehicle and people.
▪ Design of internal industrial concrete pavement and external concrete pavement.
▪ Design of internal sanitary and rainwater drainage (street gutters and drains).
- Review of technical documentation for the construction works.
- Project monitoring: preparation and monitoring of the works schedule.
- Coordination of tasks between the different parts involved (designers, suppliers, contractors, etc.).
- Works supervision.
- Quality assurance.
- Preparation of documents and procedures of building permits before the Municipality of Canelones.
- Monthly reports on works progress.