The contract is part of the Montevideo Urban Sewage Plan – Stage IV, which includes Sewage and Pluvial works, Pumping Stations, Pressure pipes, Pretreatment Plant, and Submarine Outfall, designed to decrease contamination in the Montevideo Bay and its neighboring beaches.
Counseling and technical support is provided to the Municipality in the following areas:
- Technical Support to the Direction, Planning, Follow Up, and Control of the Urban Sewage Plan – Stage IV.
- Technical support to Civil Works Direction.
- Technical support to the Submarine Outfall Works Direction.
- Technical support to the Electromechanical Works Direction.
- Technical Support to the Financial Management and Accounting Control.
- Technical support to the Improvement of Institutional Capacity.
- Technical Support to the Social and Environmental Management Plan of the Urban Sewage Plan – Stage IV.
Construction Management of the Submarine Outfall is carried out exclusively by the holding.
Among other elements, works include: review of detailed engineering and technical specifications, examination of tenders, follow up and physical and financial planning of construction, supervision of the assembly of electromechanical facilities, and supervision of civil works.
The contract included the following works:
- 70 km of sewage network.
- 8 km of pluvial drainages.
- 6 pumping stations with a 4.500 l/s maximum flow.
- 14.9 km of HDPE, FD, and FRP pressure pipes.
- Pretreatment Plant with a 5.400 l/s maximum flow.
- 2.200 m long and 1.500 mm diameter steel Submarine Outfall with concrete coating, and a 5.400 l/s maximum flow.