CSI Ingenieros was hired to carry out the Detailed Engineering and Construction Management of a tree nursery for UPM/Forestal Oriental nearby the city of Guichón, Paysandú, Uruguay.
The production is of approximately 15,000,000 eucalyptus seedlings per year, and there is a possibility of increasing this number to 20,000,0000 seedlings. The tree nursery has a roofed greenhouse area of more than 5 hectares.
- Soil movement and land preparation
- Services of drinking water, water for irrigation (with recirculation), pumping water from the stream and its distribution, greenhouse climate control system (including heating), wastewater treatment, thermal insulation and ventilation of buildings
- Electrical project and lightning protection system
- Project to construct a polder of 150,000 m3
- Sanitation, drainage and stormwater drainage
- Buildin - 3,000 m2
- Concrete beds for mother plants
- Greenhouse tables and rails for seedlings transportation
- Wire mesh fencing
-Fire-fighting protection system.
CSI Ingenieros also carried out the construction´s management tasks, including:
- Purchases and contracting process: development of bidding forms, calls for bids, analysis of tenders and the preparation of award notices recommended.
- Technical documentation inspection for the construction and the possibility of a design improvement proposal.
- Physical control: preparation and control of the work schedule.
- Financial control: preparation and control of the work budget.
- Task organization between the different stakeholders (draftsperson, suppliers, contractors, etc.).
- Control of compliance with the stipulated security and environmental standards, through work process.
- Development and management of additional projects.
- Quality control of works execution.
- Preparation of monthly progress reports.
- Coordination meetings and periodic reports by the Client