Technical supervision and project management of the construction of Montevideo´s Urban drainage system (drainage network, stormwater network, pumping stations, Treatment plant and submarine outfall)
Date: 2010 – In progress
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Client: Municipality of Montevideo (IM)
This contract is part of the Montevideo Urban Sanitation Plan – Stage IV, which includes Sanitation Networks (70 km), Pluvial Drainages (8 km), Pumping Stations (6 pumping stations with a 4500 L/s peak flow), gravity and pressure Pipes (14.9 km), Pretreatment Plant (peak flow 5400 L/s) and a 2,200 m long and 1,500 mm diameter HDP Submarine Outfall with the same peak flow than the Pretreatment Plant, with the final purpose of decreasing the contamination of the Montevideo Bay and its neighboring beaches.
The Municipality of Montevideo will be provided technical assistance in the following areas:
- Direction, Planning, Follow Up, and Control of the Urban Sanitation Plan – Stage IV.
- Civil Works Direction.
- Submarine Outfall Works Direction.
- Electromechanical Works Direction.
- Financial Management and Accounting Control.
- Improvement of Institutional Capacity.
- Social and Environmental Management Plan of the Urban Sanitation Plan – Stage IV.
Direction of the Submarine Outfall works will be carried out by the HALCROW-LOGOS-CSI consortium.
The tasks to be carried out includes, among others: review of executive projects and technical specifications, analysis of tenders, follow up and physical and financial planning of works, project amendments during execution of works, supervision of the assembly of electromechanical facilities, and supervision of civil works.
- Technical Support, Review of Projects, Works Direction, Institutional Strengthening.